Firmware: HP’s latest
August 19, 2022
HP has launched another firmware update on the 15th August targeted at M428fdw printers.
HP has launched another firmware update on the 15th August targeted at the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428-M429 series printers. The firmware affects the consumables and the update is 002/2230D.
The firmware updates the following:
- Supplies related fixes.
- General improvements and bug fixes.
- Contains all previous fixes and enhancements.
- Corrected event Log showing wrong Control Panel Size.
- Fix for add item message appearing and disappearing when trying to scan multiple pages from flatbed.
- Resolved scanning extra blank page after scanning the original document from flatbed only while performing scan to computer via USB connectivity.
- Fix for wrong time zone description for Moscow in EWS Page.
- Resolved scan to email issue with AWS SES SMTP server.
According to the HP website the firmware “includes dynamic security measures, which are used to block cartridges using a non-HP chip or modified or non-HP electronic circuitry.” Adding further that “firmware updates will maintain the effectiveness of the dynamic security measures and block cartridges that previously worked.”
Reader, Richard Pateman of UK-based World of Inks, took to Facebook to tell us that cartridges already installed in the printer will run until they are empty and then stop working without an updated chip being fitted.
We understand that Static Control has an update solution and is currently updating existing stocks that should be available shortly.
Categories : World Focus
Tags : Firmware HP Richard Pateman Static Control Components World of Inks