The Recycler
  • G&G Web banner May 2024
  • Biuromax Masthead web banner March 2024
  • Katun web banner December 2022 NEW

Ricoh and Toshiba update

May 19, 2023

As the news broke yesterday of the Ricoh and Toshiba deal; more details have been released.

Today, Ricoh Company, Ltd. and Toshiba Tec Corporation have formally announced a business partnership to integrate the development and manufacturing of multifunction printers (MFPs). The two companies have resolved to agree to the integration, which will be carried out through a company split effective sometime between 1 April 2024, and 30 June 2024. The partnership will establish a joint venture with both companies as shareholders, focusing on MFPs’ development and manufacturing.

The decision to integrate their businesses comes in response to the changing landscape of the office printing market, which has seen a shift towards digitalisation and solutions combining hardware, software, and services. The partnership aims to strengthen the competitiveness and business foundations of office printing device manufacturing. This will be achieved by consolidating the two companies’ technological strengths, expanding planning, design, and development functions, joint purchases for parts and materials, and utilising production bases.

Additionally, the collaboration will extend to the planning and development of new solutions, leveraging the technologies and resources of both companies. By integrating image recognition technology, such as barcode printers and optical and image processing technologies, the joint venture will work towards providing competitive, high-quality products tailored to the needs of customers and the global market. The goal is to support customers’ digital transformation (DX) efforts and enhance workplace productivity.

The business integration will be implemented through an absorption-type split, with Ricoh and Toshiba Tec transferring their respective MFP development and manufacturing operations to a newly established joint venture. Ricoh will hold an 85% investment ratio in the joint venture, with Toshiba Tec holding the remaining 15%.

Completing the business integration is subject to the fulfilment of certain conditions, including compliance with competition laws and foreign investment regulations and obtaining necessary approvals and clearances. The schedule outlined in the announcement is subject to change based on the progress of the integration process.

The partnership between Ricoh and Toshiba Tec aims to create a resilient supply chain, enhance sustainability efforts through improved reuse and recycling, and provide innovative solutions to meet customers’ evolving needs in the digital era.

What next? Our spy in Tokyo Towers suggests another deal between two other Japanese OEMs is “in discussion” and could be announced as early as this summer. 

Categories : World Focus

Tags : Business Consolidation Corporation MFPs Ricoh Toshiba

  • TN Core May 2024 Web advert
  • Ink Tank Web ad May 2024
  • Mito Web advert July 2023
  • Apex Web Banner April 2024
  • Cartridge Web Banner May 2024
  • IR Italiana Web ad January 2021
  • GM Technology Web Ad March 2024
  • G&G Big & Bold Web banner January 2024
  • Static Control June 2022 Big & Bold Ad
  • Biuromax March 2024 Banner
  • Altkin Web ad March 2024
  • HYB Web banner Jan 2024
  • ITP Web ad January 2021
  • Denner Feb 2024 Web Ad
  • PCL May 2024 web banner
  • CET Web ad December 2023
  • Zhono Web ad March 2024
  • Denner Feb 2024 Web Ad
  • HYB Web banner Jan 2024
  • CET Web ad December 2023
  • Altkin Web ad March 2024
  • Zhono Web ad March 2024
  • ITP Web ad January 2021
  • PCL May 2024 web banner
  • HYB Web banner Jan 2024
  • Denner Feb 2024 Web Ad
  • Altkin Web ad March 2024
  • PCL May 2024 web banner
  • CET Web ad December 2023
  • ITP Web ad January 2021
  • Zhono Web ad March 2024

The Recycler, Wittas House, Two Rivers, Station Lane, Witney, OX28 4BH, United Kingdom | Tel: +44 (0) 1993 899800 | Fax : +44 (0) 1993 226899
©2006-2023 The Recycler - Terms & Conditions - Privacy Policy including cookie use

Web design Dorset | Websites by Mark

The Recycler Subscribe Web ad January 2021
The Recycler Subscribe Web ad January 2021