March 21, 2019
At HP Reinvent: World Partner Forum, as well as revealing new strategies for growth, HP Inc. also unveiled its next wave of office printing innovations designed to empower partners with “seamless integration into the modern workplace.”
“We continue to lead and innovate around products and solutions for our partners – no matter where they are in their journey with HP,” said Tuan Tran, General Manager and Global Head of Office Printing Solutions for HP. “Our robust portfolio – with smarter solutions and services, security, and the strongest printer and MFP line-up in the industry – is tearing down barriers between paper and digital, delivering on what businesses need today and in the future.”
At the heart of HP’s innovation announcement is a suite of enhanced solutions and services, which the OEM says “dramatically improves productivity for our customers.”
- JetAdvantage Apps: Making paper move at the speed of digital by seamlessly connecting the HP MFD to the digital platform. Pre-built, made to order or build it yourself with powerful management and development tools supported by HP cloud services. Each app streamlines key tasks saving business time and money. HP is on track to provide the broadest range of workflow integrations with 35 Beta apps already available today and over 200 development partners.
- Smart Device Services (SDS): Dramatically helps reduce service costs, maximises device uptime and delivers an exceptional service to millions of devices around the world. Partners who have adopted the SDS solution are reporting average service cost reductions of 17 percent or more. SDS can remotely resolve problems and arms service techs with the information to achieve higher first visit fix rates. SDS can now predict failures of key components just before they happen, enabling a fix before the device fails, giving users a no-downtime experience.
According to a recent survey, 83 percent of respondents had secured their PCs, and 55 percent their mobile devices, but only 41 percent had secured their printers. As a result, more and more businesses are increasing their requirements for print security. HP says it is the only print company that meets NIST requirements for cyber resiliency, has a Bug Bounty program and offers devices with embedded HP Sure Start BIOS protection and an inbound and outbound malware monitoring system all with self-healing capabilities.
- HP is the only print vendor with SD-PAC Certified firmware and software with robust secure software development lifecycle best practices incorporated into a solutions’ design, development and testing. Certification includes HP FutureSmart firmware, HP JetAdvantage Security Manager, HP Access Control, HP JetAdvantage SecurePrint and HP JetAdvantage Insights.
- Extending HP’s commitment to partner-focused security training, certification and sales tools, the company has introduced a partner security training and certification campaign with channel tools to easily assess print security gaps, develop proposals and offer revenue-generating security services. To date, more than 700 partners are participating.
HP is also adding to its multifunction and printer line-up.
- New FutureSmart Release
- FutureSmart enhancements across enterprise and managed printer and multifunction fleet, A4 and A3 devices enable the innovative new HP Custom Colour Manager with real time preview to quickly create colour adjustments and fast fleet deployment of colour profiles. More than a dozen additional new features – including advanced copier features like Expert Copy for the power user and serverless job accounting – help HP partners deliver rich functionality for their customers.
- As with previous releases, customers can update existing compatible devices with the latest FutureSmart firmware to benefit from the newest capabilities.
- Reinvigorated A4 Portfolio further extending offerings for contractual partners
- New LaserJet 600 Series features industry-first innovations for A4 devices, enabling HP’s managed partners to increase their services margin:
- Cartridge Access Control – secures the cartridge access panel and ensures all toner is used before a cartridge is replaced.
- Fixed tray guides – help reduce a managed partner’s highest call incident – paper jams.
- Predictive Sensors embedded within the device, combined with Cartridge Access Control, can save partners utilizing HP SDS, up to 17 percent in service costs.
- Expanded LaserJet A3 Portfolio
- Expanded LaserJet 700 and 800 series with new entry-level models, featuring the industry’s strongest print security to help protect customer’s devices, data and documents.
- New Toner Innovation
- New energy efficient HP LaserJet A4 400/500 printers – with Original HP EcoSmart black toner – uses an average of 21 percent less energy than previous generations of HP printer systems.
- First A3 printer with JetIntelligence, perfect for customers seeking to print premium-quality marketing materials and professional documents, featuring vivid colour images and graphics.
For additional information go to http://www.hp.com.
Products and Technology
Tags : HP Printers Services Solutions