April 12, 2021
The Recycler understands that HP has recently issued another firmware update that locks our certain aftermarket 903 cartridges.
The popular HP 903 cartridge range is used in the following printers:
- HP OfficeJet 6950 All-in-One Printer (P4C78A)
- HP OfficeJet 6950 All-in-One Printer (P4C85A#BHC)
- HP OfficeJet 6951 All-in-One Printer (P4C86A)
- HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 All-in-One Printer (J7K33A)
- HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 All-in-One Printer (T0F32A)
- HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 All-in-One Printer (J7K34A)
- HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 All-in-One Printer (T0F33A#BHC)
- HP OfficeJet Pro 6974 All-in-One Printer (J7K40A)
These popular printers are also part of the HP Instant Ink programme.
Have your cartridges been locked out? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
In December 2020 the Italian Competition and Market Authority has concluded an investigation into HP Inc and HP Italy Srl and determined that, for some years, HP has introduced significant limitations in many inkjet and laser printers sold to consumers and the use of non-genuine ink/ toner cartridges.
The investigation found that the two companies provide specific authentication instructions contained in the firmware – especially through a system called DS – Dynamic Security – according to which the printer recognizes the original HP cartridges and accepts them and instead refuses to print when it recognizes non-original cartridges or cartridges produced before a certain date.
According to the Authority, HP had failed to adequately inform consumers – at the time of purchase – about the presence of this relevant and significant limitation, leading them to believe that they need to replace non-original ink/ toner cartridges due to shortages or defects. of the latter and therefore to use only original HP cartridges.
Categories : World Focus