May 4, 2021
GM Technology has invested in improving facilities, technical equipment and expanding the technical staff of professionals who are exclusively dedicated to its GreenLine remanufactured product line.
Since March 2021, the company has been making improvements within the organisation and operation of the GreenLine workshop. GM Technology commented: “Our commitment to a circular model specialised in offering remanufactured printing equipment has made our workshop grow in volume of work and in personnel.”
The company explained that one of the most relevant improvements that has been made was to change the way of working by looking at the production chain that allows saving time in production, automation of the remanufacturing process and high performance in the remanufacturing of GreenLine equipment.
In addition, the company said that it has invested in new equipment providing technology to the department with an ultrasound machine that cleans the housings of the printing equipment.
However, the company continued, “it is the growth in the staff of the technical team that has allowed to generate more production and improve the results in the production chain.”
Currently, the GreeLine workshop has 15 specialised technicians in the remanufacturing of equipment and ten trainees led by Alberto Yerga, Head of the GreenLine workshop, who said: “Positivity is the motto of our workshop to create a good work environment”, “We are a great team of professionals; but now we are better organised.”
“We have become 15 people in the workshop and that improves productivity,” he added.
His second in command, Juan Jiménez, Head of the workshop, explained that “The division of jobs has significantly improved efficiency, we do the same process as before but better planned. We have managed to improve the level of production, going from 10 -12 machines up to 30 teams that we do now.”
GreenLine workshop improvements include:
- Productive chain: The separation of the remanufacturing process into different phases so that each worker performs a specific task. The phases are check 1, check 2, remanufacturing, cleaning, test 1 and test 2.
- Improvements in the distribution of the workshop
- Expansion of new incorporations and personnel in practice. A new team of specialists in unit remanufacturing has been created.
- Restructuring and expansion of the workshop with more meters and with more workspaces.
- New ultrasound equipment. A washing train with three tanks for washing, rinsing and drying the equipment housings (The TierraTech 3).
GM Technology concluded: “Our GreenLine remanufactured product line offers the highest quality to our customers thanks to a rigorous remanufacturing process that meets the goal of not generating more waste by using resources in a more sustainable way.
“The most cost-effective and sustainable printing solution on the #MPS market today is GreenLine machines powered by R-OEM toners.”
Categories : Around the Industry