March 17, 2020
Epson has announced two “advanced and easy-to-use” photo printers, the SureColor SC-P700 and SC-P900. While the professional photo community is the main target audience, these two compact and lightweight printers will also appeal to artists, studios, photo labs and ambitious semi-pro and aspiring amateur photographers, Epson said.
What’s immediately striking is their ‘non-printer’ look and feel: a design philosophy that was established through user research and a desire to make photo printers that are as pleasing on the eye as the prints they produce.
Both the SC-P700 (up to A3+) and SC-P900 (up to A2+) feature black enhance overcoat technology, Carbon Black Mode and UltraChrome Pro 10 ink for the truest, deepest blacks, Epson explained.
Other features include:
- Three different paper paths to accommodate a wide media range
- Black D-Max value of 2.91
- 3-inch LCD optical touchscreen (can be used with gloves) with customisable GUI
- Epson Media Installer for ease of use
- Expanded blue colour gamut to reproduce ultra-realistic images
- Black inks (PK/MK) always available
- Epson Print Layout – enhanced functionality and flexibility to make colour-managed printing quick and easy
- Spindle-less integrated roll unit on SC-P700, optional for SC-P900
- New auto sheet feeding system (ASF) for hassle-free fine art media feed.
- Smallest footprint and lightest in its class
- Enhanced sealing to protect from dust and dirt
Boris Creischer, Product Manager Pro Selection, Epson Europe, said: “We’re confident that these printers will appeal to those working in a number of creative industries, who have a keen eye for detail, as well as an appreciation for high-performance hardware that’s aesthetically pleasing. As cliché as it sounds, both the SC-P700 and SC-P900 manage to combine form with function, to great effect. The accuracy and quality of the output is further enhanced by the deepest blacks and an expanded blue colour gamut, to reproduce ultra-realist prints. All this forms part of Epson’s complete printing solution of hardware, software, inks and paper. We’re confident that these new additions to the P-Series will excite creatives who value photographic print quality and refreshingly understated product design.”
The SC-P700 and SC-P900 will be available in Western Europe from April 2020 and across other EMEAR territories from August 2020.
Categories : Products and Technology