March 28, 2022
Printanista, the new device platform from ECI, offers a Remote Device Link, which Phil Madders, Director, PAE Business has been reviewing.
The new platform introduced by ECI features Remote Device Link, or RDL which Madders believes has an enormous impact for any organisation supporting printers or MFPs at their customers. It takes what can already be done in proprietary solutions from OEMs and makes it available in one portal across all manufacturers.
Madders explained: “Our customers can now login onto the webpage of any device that has an internal webpage – as if they were stood next to the machine or on the customers network and carry out triage, configuration, and firmware updates on the device without disturbing the customer, or even worse sending an engineer on site.”
Customers no longer need
- 2 or 3 separate device management platforms to cover a multi brand fleet, so they done need 3 logins, duplicate systems, three platforms to be trained on
- To call the customer to arrange a remote session using TeamViewer or similar
- Call a customer to talk them through a configuration issue whist they stand by the machine
- Call a customer to arrange a time to do any of the above
- Or dispatch an engineer to do it because the customer is just too busy to assist
The RDL platform is available at no extra costs to existing customers with PAE’s migration tools.
Madders said: “It does stacks more but RDL is a great tool to have in difficult times as it improves your business and service capability. Get in touch and we will happily show it to you…”
Categories : Products and Technology