January 18, 2021
In its latest “how-to” article, Chipjet talks about its chip production process, storage and maintenance of its chips.
In printing consumables, chips are a core component. Chipjet released an article explaining their chip manufacturing process in which the company describes that it takes hundreds of procedures for the production.
Chipjet explains that correct storage condition and usage are also needed to prolong the lifespan of chip. So, here are tips and methods from Chipjet to maintain chips:
- Keep the products at room temperature of -20?-40? with relative humidity of 30%-85% in warehouse.
- Noxious gas, inflammable and explosive materials, as well as corrosive chemical substances are strictly forbidden in the warehouse. Avoid mechanical vibration, shock and high-intensity magnetic field.
- Keep chip in its original packaging box. Packaging box should be at least 20CM away from the ground and 50CM away from heat or cold source and air inlet.
Transportation and Placement
- Do NOT unpack if you don’t use chips; keep chip in the original box if it is already unpacked but not mounted on printer yet.
- Packaged chips can be transported via any methods. Please don’t place them in open steamer or freight car during long-distance transport.
- Do NOT place chips in open storage yard in transshipment on route. Don’t place chips with inflammable, explosive or corrosive substances in transportation.
- Prevent chips from being exposed to the rain and snow or other liquid substances and being damaged mechanically.
Moisture proof Standard
- Packaging box shall comply with the chip’s requirements on moistureproof, dust prevention and antivibration.
- Keep chips in cool dry places and avoid extreme environment (like supercooling, overheating, damp or direct sunlight).
Chipjet added: “When in undesired or unstable working environment, chips can be damaged easily. It is suggested to use/keep chips according to the maintenance methods above.”
Products and Technology
Tags : Chipjet Chips How-to Maintenance