March 15, 2021
ARMOR Print Solutions said that the label illustrates its ongoing commitment to a more environmentally responsible future. 35 new references of eco-labelled remanufactured laser cartridges are available across the European market for the best-selling printer brands (HP, Canon, Kyocera, Lexmark, etc.).
Along with these new references, ARMOR Print Solutions now has 374 eco-labelled products.
The Nordic Swan Ecolabel was created in 1989 and covers 60 product families (office automation, electronics, maintenance, furniture, restaurants, etc.). It analyses the entire life cycle of the product – from the origin of the raw materials to its energy consumption, the use of chemicals and packaging.
The certification criteria for the Nordic Swan Ecolabel are particularly strict. Applied to printing consumables, the criteria evaluate:
- the absence of substances that are hazardous to human health according to the European CLP Regulation 1272/2008;
- pollutant emission control (VOC, Benzen, Styrene in particular);
- the mandatory presence of more than 75% recycled material;
- waste disposal;
- the collection system being implemented;
- print quality similar to the original manufacturer’s cartridge;
- yield equivalence to the original cartridge;
- an annual after-sales service rate of less than 1%
“Having our printing consumables get the Nordic Swan Ecolabel reinforces our ambition to offer consumables that are safer for the environment and human health. And we encourage everyone in the industry to join us in our vision of a more responsible industry,” said Gerwald van der Gijp, Managing Director of ARMOR Print Solutions.
Categories : Products and Technology